This blog is most about Indonesian Football, and some about AFC-Asian Footbal. Please leave some comment, and have a good discussion here.
Happy bloging!

::garuda on my chest_garuda is my pride::

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Van Dijk (Adelaide United) : I'd like to play in Spain

Sergio Van Dijk (Assen, 1982) is one of the top rated players in A-League this season. His goals keep Adelaide high in the table, though he goes a bad through a bad patch right now. He played in Eredivisie, but in 2008 signed by Brisbane Roar, where he scored 26 goals in 50 appearances. After that, Adelaide catch him to play AFC Champions, and nowadays he still continues scoring in Australia, where he seems honestly happy. This is his first interview in Spain, where he admits he would like to someday play…

-You´re one of the top scorers of the A-League, how do you feel about that?
I’m happy to be up there, but I want to keep on scoring and end up as top scorer of the league. It’s still a long way to go, but that a nice challenge for me.

-Your team pal, Matthew Leckie, is making an espectacular season. what´s him secret? do you think he is ready to play at national team?
He’s doing really well! That is because he’s fast, has a good shot, is not afraid and most of all… he’s confident about his habilities. He’s still young and still has a lot to learn, so he can only become a better player than he now is.
I think he’s ready for the national team. He can be an extra addition to the Socceroos with his type of play.

-You have played in Netherlands. Would yo return to Europe? What´s your fauvorite european league?
I would like to return to Europe, but at this moment I’m happy here. If I can go back to Europe than I would like to play in Germany, England or Spain.
My favourite league is English Premier League, it’s really attractive to watch. There is always something happening over there, because they play at a high pace.

- A-League continues growing up, but stadiums attendance is looking worst every matchday. Dou yo feel support from your fans?
To be honest, over here in Adelaide the crowd is always good. Even when they had the worst season ever, last year. That’s because of the big European community in Adelaide. They love football!! Melbourne also has big crowds.
But football is only the 4th sport in Australia, behind Australian Football, Rugby League/Union and Cricket. So that’s also a bit of a problem.
Football growing bit by bit. The economical crisis around the whole world doesn’t help as well. People have less money to spend and have to choose for one sport instead of going to watch more.

- Has your firstname something to do with Spain?
It has nothing to do with Spain. But it has everything to do with Brazil. With Brazil at the World Cup ’82. My mother named me after their number 9 striker, Serginho Chulapa. My official name is Serginho van Dijk.
My son has Spanish name. His name is Joaquin. According to me he’s called after Valencia’s player Joaquin. According to my wife he’s named after the actor Joaquin Phoenix. Hahahaha…

- What team do you think it´s gonna be Adelaide´s principal rival in A-League?
Melbourne Victory is Adelaide’s biggest rival since the start of the league. Those games are special for the club and the fans! This season Brisbane Roar is doing well and they can be a big rival in keeping the top spot.

- Sydney FC was A-League championship last season, but this year is deep on table. What happens with them?
I think they had a bad start and straight away lost their confidence. They have the quality, but they don’t have the confidence at the moment. I’m sure they will get confidence back, only I think it’s not enough to get the same season as last year.

-What is the best player you have ever faced?
The best player I have faced was Jaap Stam. The former Man U. Lazio, AC Milan and Ajax defender. We played a pre season friendly against Ajax and I think I didn’t touch a ball hahaha… He was strong, could jump high and was fast as well. Those players are the world’s best players and are special players. There aren’t many like them.


Garuda Di Dadaku…Garuda Kebanggaanku :: Garuda Is on My Chest…Garuda Is My Pride


No comments:

Post a Comment